May 12th is National Limerick Day – And We Have a Contest!!
As we mentioned in last month’s newsletter, May 12th is National Limerick Day – and we have indeed decided to have a limerick contest to celebrate (after all, how can anyone resist such a classy and cultured form of poetry???). Since limericks are fun and irreverent (much like us!), please have fun with this.
Basic rules are:
- It’s got to be a limerick. No Haiku, no Sonnets – just a plain old limerick.
- It needs to be clean, because the two best (in our opinion, at least) will be published in the June newsletter. If you really, really want to send one that’s not clean, have at it, but it won’t win (but we’ll have fun reading them).
- It should mention our products in some way or another. We won’t disqualify them if they don’t, but those that do will probably get preferential treatment.
- If you can’t send them to us via email, then you can send a snail mail entry to us at 10204 Progress Lane, Parker, CO 80134
- Entry deadline is May 15th, and we’ll notify the winners by May 20th.
And hey – there’s a prize! First prize is 4 bags of almonds, and second prize will be 3 bags of almonds (we’ll contact you if you win and you can give us your preferences then). And feel free to let any limerick fans (no, that’s not a contradiction in terms!) that don’t subscribe to our newsletter that they have a chance to win some great almonds in a variety of flavors – and that maybe they should subscribe to the newsletter so they’ll know when we do something like this again!
Here’s hoping that spring treats us all well this year (no hail and/or massive thunderstorms!), and that all the flowers we plant prosper and bloom!
Thanks again for everyone’s support, and good luck in the forthcoming contest!